Pennsylvania judges are part of the State Employee’s Retirement System (SERS). For judges planning for retirement or retiring judges, we have developed an efficient yet thorough process to guide judges through the retirement planning process so they can make smart retirement decisions.
Some of the retirement planning topics we cover include the following:
- Determining whether to rollover your lump sum and if you do so, how to invest it in low-cost investment vehicles, mainly ETF’s.
- Choosing the best retirement income option.
- Understanding the optimal Social Security filing strategy.
- Lessening the impact on your tax return.
Optimally, beginning the retirement planning process two years or so before you think you might retire, gives you ample time to consider all of your options.
A Fee-Only Financial Planning & Wealth Management Firm
Addis & Hill is an independent fee-only fiduciary (NAPFA Registered Advisor). We do not sell financial products.
We charge a fee for the planning work we do. Should you choose to have us implement the plans we create for you, we charge 1% of the assets we manage for you. The 1% fee covers our work executing your financial, investment, tax, insurance, and estate plans. Often, the fee pays for itself by helping to eliminate mistakes and by taking full advantage of the tax code. For those who hire us on an ongoing basis, we usually refund any upfront planning fees.
The Retirement Planning Process
Should you hire us, we begin the planning process with a discovery phase. This initial phase is key:
- We can gain a thorough understanding of who you are and what goals you have established for yourself for retirement and beyond. The process of uncovering who you are and what is most important to you may be the most critical step in the process — it involves asking a lot of questions and doing even more listening.
- From there we move on to developing a structure so that we can develop financial scenarios to explore with you in real time. Once we identify the planning priorities and tactics that come out of the scenario planning process, we move on to the implementation phase.
- During the implementation phase, you start making some very important decisions. While there is no rush, we will help you stay focused so that things get done right.
We are experts who can help you coordinate the various components of your plan in a cohesive, thoughtful and conflict-free environment. We are here to help you make smart retirement decisions. We have nothing to sell you other than sound advise.